Technical and Competitive IT (TaCIT) delivers differentiated capabilities by combining complimentary Technical, business, and IT skills together to create, deploy, and support cutting-edge IT solutions.
VP Digitalisation (PTT/D) organisation is accountable for refreshing and maturing targeted Technology Innovation Themes and related technology platforms along with the capability build through Centres of Expertise (CoE) necessary for leveraging digital technologies across RDS.
The Advanced Analytics CoE (AA COE) is a part of the VP Digitalisation (PTT/D) organisation within TaCIT and is accountable for developing innovative advanced analytics capabilities, maturing them, and transitioning them to the analytics organisations within the broader IT function. The Advanced Analytics CoE works with the innovation team and the other CoEs within the VP Digitalisation organisation (Mobility, Computation etc.) to develop innovative digital products.
Within the AA COE organisation, the Product team is responsible for selecting and managing the pipeline of new advanced analytics projects during their incubation stage, overseeing the progression of opportunities between phases of maturity (POC > Pilot > Production), managing the engagements with businesses, IT Managers and Innovation Advisors and supporting the identification of high-potential value new opportunities through engagement with different stakeholders. The Product Team leverages the Data Science, Data Engineering and Software Engineering teams to ensure that appropriate technical support is provided throughout the lifecycle of Advanced Analytics projects. The Product Team team also works closely with the AA COE Scale-Up team to ensure that successful analytics prototypes are effectively transitioned to support as part of IT projects and programmes. The Product Team also has a market facing role, to test and trial new AA technologies at market that might be relevant to business problems and are differentiated to current technology stack. The team also has an internal facing role to manage the Advanced Analytics Network and Advanced Analytics Annual Summit.
The Advanced Analytics Data Engineer – Computer Vision role supports Data engineer team lead in building a platform to train and fine tune deep learning algorithms developed by data scientist team. Build AR/VR application to use in computer vision projects. They will report into the Data Engineer Lead.
Purpose of the position: Purpose:
- Data Engineer – Computer Vision
- Build and Develop a platform for training and Computer vision based on Deep learning
- Leverage Big Data skills such as Spark in building a data platform
- Assure the quality of the delivery of advanced analytics PoCs within IT & TaCIT
- Develop products that can be easily scaled, replicated and reused
- Understand current state-of-the-art, developments and practical applications of Computer vision in industry, technology vendors, academia and open source libraries to ensure that PoCs are both leveraging the best algorithms and technology solutions and are grounded in what is realistically achievable.
- Partner and instill learnings and best practice
- Data Engineer
- Carry out detailed technical architecture and system design, documenting requirements capture and design as appropriate.
- Ability to write clean, elegant and maintainable production-level code
- You will support Requirement Definition enhancements
- You will have deep experience in developing Big Data solution, using standard open source frameworks, toolkits and libraries
- You will have a solid experience in developing solution using Spark and Databricks
- You will have a solid experience developing solution deployed on edge devices/ servers
- You will have solid experience in developing AR application using unity3d for Hololens
- You will have solid experience in developing cloud solutions using AWS
- You will be responsible for handover of your successful PoCs to the Scale-Up team
- You will need to learn new skills and nurture new capabilities in your project teams to take advantage of emerging Big Data technologies
- You will lead proof-of-concept activities to demonstrate new technologies and approaches
- You will need to work with our ecosystem of partners and academics to derive the most value for the organisation and specific learning for your team
- You will proactively set-up meetings, one-on-one sessions and events that help create change and improvement
- You will transfer your knowledge and enthuse team members to try new approaches and techniques
Must have Skills
- Hadoop based big data frameworks
- One of Programming Languages – Scala, Python
- RDBMS with SQL Server preferred
- No sql and in-memory databases
- strongly preferred AR application development using Unity3d for hololens
- Dashboard and reports using Sport Fire
- Understanding of CNN in deep learning
- Source control using GIT/VSTS
- Rest API using Python/Scala
Interested? Send us your English CV, motivation and hourly rate.