Oil and Gas
The Enterprise Technology (ET) Demand Planning group is responsible for managing Cost and Cost recovery for the business demand IT services and associated business advisory planning. The key focus of this particular role will be on the developing and implementing Cost Management practices for the ET contractual costs, including many third-party costs from a diverse set of suppliers.
This role is accountable for analyzing’s and executing business centric services from the main suppliers for central services. By doing this, this will allow the businesses to understand the total cost of ownership better and thereby making better business focused decisions as it relates to IT Services and its uptake. This will result in overall better end user experience with a better business focused view of their IT costs and spend.
This role will require someone with expert understanding of both Business Analysis and Data / Finance systems.
Work closely with the other Demand Planners within and outside the team to ensure end to end integration of the whole picture. This includes working with team members and others focusing on Project transitions, Planning, Cost Recovery, Demand Policy, and other areas of Cost Management not currently in ET scope.
Manage monthly and quarterly Cost Management for all bundles with the Central IT scope.
• Analyze, define, obtain approval and implement the validation of the costs and invoices from suppliers under Enterprise Technology Service Operations Management (ET-SOM)
• Data mining: through large amounts of data and picking out relevant information;
• Compile and summaries them with clear and concise message to leadership
• Provide data analysis support
• Develop and maintain database
• Provide operational supporting according to the line of business
• Forecast Business demand (costs) for future and outer years, including strategies to influence demand that resulted in optimized and affordable IT as an outcome for the businesses.
• Data analytics with tools such as Power BI, Alterix, Splunk
• Proactively engage with the greater Enterprise Technology Service Operations Management team and business representatives to understand cost management options and improvement opportunities
• Ensure alignment of cost management picture across Shell internally.
Dimensions and Special Challenges
• Vast scope and complexity of services, encompassing all Shell
• IT Business Analysis and Finance skills needed
• Strong stakeholder management needed.
• With the introduction of more suppliers the data sources will become more complex.
• The team is small and often requires you to work on your own and be self-driven.
• Working with other team members not under direct reporting relationship.
• Knowledge and working across of both IT and Finance organizations
• Global working requiring flexibility while adhering to local rules
Qualifications and Skills
- Finance background with experience supporting IT
- Business and Data analysis (> 5 years)
- Advanced Excel
- Advanced Access
- SQL database (Oracle or SQL Server)
- Strong communication skills - spoken, written; stakeholder engagement skills - all levels in supplier and customer domains
- Demonstrated self-initiative and working with ambiguity skills
- Drive to deliver demonstrable value to the businesses
- Negotiation skills and commercial mindset
- ServiceNow data and reporting
- Azure Cloud Health knowledge
- Power BI
Expected Start Date: 29th Oct 2018 until 30th April 2019
Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.