Business Information & data governance Expert (BIE)
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Make the difference in the business transformation and continuous operations on data design and governance, by acting as the recognized expert for data model, value sets, compliance and standardization requirements and controls in the area you are responsible for; You will bring a strong data domain knowledge and expertise connecting with Business Process Experts to design and maintain scalable, consistent and simplified data models, and connecting with IT to deliver on its execution and with the business to ensure the standardization and compliance controls are observed; Your work will contribute directly to securing End to End data integrity cross processes and IT landscape through adequate data and process standardization.
You are responsible for:
• Gathering information related requirements with Business Process Experts (BPE) including business process and regulatory requirements. Secure approvals and change control process on data models and master data management processes (
• Designing and maintaining the PI information models for the IT systems in the so-called Integrated Landscape l- including master data-, regulatory and standardization controls, ensuring data quality and end-to-end consistency, including in cooperation with other BIEs; validating it with Business Process Owner/Experts (BPO/BPE) as part of the solution design, and with IT Business Analysts (IT BA) ensuring implementation as per design; documenting it using standard notations, templates and tools as defined within Enterprise Information Management (EIM).
• Actively supporting the business transformation in data migration preparation and execution:
o Define initial data migration rules (source, relevancy, cleansing); reviews and approves the Data Requirement Specifications
o Defines and maintain data quality rules/checks, reaching-out to relevant IT BA’s & data stewards for control definition and relevant measurement;
o Defines checklist to be performed before data loads and during data qualification process;
o With each new deployment, actively review changes proposed by the Domain Functional Experts (DFE)
o Reviews data qualification plan established by Quality Assurance officer.
o Guide the dedicated data Domain fFnctional Experts during data qualification process on data defect resolution: provides solutions / decisions / adjustment of cleansing rules and data model
• Supporting the definition of the master data domain roadmap including requirements, design and governance, implementation and deployment of the Master Data Management (MDM) solution and processes.
• Identifying and promoting continuous improvement opportunities to drive standardization design and adherence, including on data quality, by linking to business stakeholders, BPEs, EIM data services and projects as well as with the IT community.
You are a part of
The Enterprise Information Management department which is reporting into the IT organization (enabling function). EIM is accountable to govern data across the enterprise, support business transformation on data and information through data, process, reporting and analytics design, data preparation, migration and validation activities, as well as providing continuous operational services on enterprise data serving markets, businesses and functions.
In the EIM organization you report into the Business Information and governance owner of your data domain, in the global data governance team, composed of Business Information Management, EIM process Experts as well as Compliance and quality assurance.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
• Have a Master degree and 5+ years of working experience in product configuration management processes, including configurable and non-configurable/standard products, SaaP, SaaS.
o CMII-certification by Institute of Configuration Management has a strong preference.
• Have 5+ years of experience with IT applications in the I2M domain (i.e. PLM, ALM and RM); Data migration, data quality and MDM solutions (e.g. Informatica, SAP MDG)
o Experience with PTC WIndchill PLM has a strong preference
• Have proven contribution in interfacing product data specifications from PLM to ERP- and catalogue- tools.
o IT and/or configuration management experience with configuration management in SAP_ERP has a preference.
• Have a proven track record in expert roles driving master data management solutions (requirements definition and consulting, data modeling, data governance, implementation and roll out of data models) and the ability to translate business requirements into data requirements and vice versa with process experts and IT business analysts.
• Have a solid experience of business and operational experience in the innovation space (I2M) and knowledge of data and information generated and required for the innovation related processes.
• Experience in similar role of minimum 5 years is required
Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.