Business Analyst (Retail Domain)
Oil & Gas
Skills & Requirements:
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts.
- Agile/ Waterfall/ Hybrid Methodologies of Software Development and Delivery.
- Expertise in specific BA techniques, tools or business areas.
- Proficient in the majority of the Retail Business Domain
The Business Analyst is responsible for identifying and defining the business needs of their clients and stakeholders, and helping to determine solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. This work is typically within a specific business area. The role may be part of an IT project development environment or an individual contributor at the business interface.
This position has the following accountabilities:
- Able to link technical solutions with business strategy when working with business partners.
- Has knowledge of how competitors are using IT solutions to gain competitive edge, applies that knowledge to projects.
- Leading stakeholder management activities.
- Creates opportunities to make the stakeholder feel valued and develop trust.
- Broad and extensive knowledge, often in own specialized field especially Retail Business, to provide interpretive, advisory or facilitating services for the use of others to achieve results.
- The job requires extensive knowledge of working on Retail Point Of Sale, Back Office Sale and Intergrations.
- Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements, including health, safety, security, usability, data, and supportability considerations.
- Participates in team effort to create new best practice material based on identified gaps. Serves as an SME for specific tools, techniques, or business areas.
- Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options.
- Assess and model processes, data flows, and technology to understand the current value and issues, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Create clear documentation to communicate requirements and related information; keep updated to align with the solution over the project lifecycle.
- Ensure traceability of requirements from business needs and requirements, through testing and scope changes, to final solution.
- Interact with software suppliers, designers and developers to understand software limitations, deliver elements of system and database design, and ensure that business requirements and use cases are handled.
- Configure and document software and processes, using agreed standards and tools.
- Create acceptance criteria and validate that solutions meet business needs through defining and coordinating testing.
- Expertized in working on Retail Site System Landscape, having an understanding of POS, BOS, HOS and functional domains like NFR, Site Operation, Wet Stock Business, Payments/ Settlements etc. Special Challenges:
- Guide business stakeholders to gain acceptance / sign-off. Manage requirements to the smallest set that will provide the biggest impact in advancing business objectives and end-user buy-in.
- Describe technology in terms easily understood by business customers and set realistic customer expectations for the project outcome. Adjust customer expectations in accordance with changes in scope.
- Generate innovative approaches to existing problems or new opportunities.
- Work closely with stakeholders to build trust and understand their goals, motivations, constraints, risks, and operating environment.
Please send us your recent CV (word) + a cover letter for this role (both in English) together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.