Oil & Gas
For our international client in Rotterdam we are looking for a Business Analyst.
Projects Business Analysis is responsible for identifying and documenting the business needs of their clients and stakeholders, and helping to determine feasible solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. This position will give you the opportunity to grow to become an active thought partner and solution visionary who shapes the technology demand and direction in the business community.
This position has the following accountabilities:
• Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements, including health, safety, security, usability, data, and supportability considerations.
• Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options.
• Assess and model processes, data flows, and technology to understand the current value and issues, and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Create clear documentation to communicate requirements and related information; keep updated to align with the solution over the project lifecycle.
• Ensure traceability of requirements from business needs and requirements, through testing and scope changes, to final solution.
• Interact with software suppliers, designers and developers to understand software limitations, deliver elements of system and database design, and ensure that business requirements and use cases are handled.
• Configure and document software and processes, using agreed standards and tools.
• Create acceptance criteria and validate that solutions meet business needs through defining and coordinating testing.
• Create and present compelling business cases to justify solution value and establish approval, funding and prioritization.
• Initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and control Business Analysis activities on projects within agreed parameters of cost, time and quality.
• Understand and stay abreast of relevant architectures and technologies related to a business area. Research potential solutions and innovative ideas. Guide and manage interactions with technology vendors.
• Lead stakeholder management activities including facilitation of large design sessions.
• Lead teams to complete business analysis on projects. Set the direction for business analysis activities within large programmes or strategic initiatives.
• Support longer-term business strategic goals through proposing improvements in value, cost, process, data, technology, functionality, and initiating high-level business requirements and feasibility studies to discover options and directions.
• Champion the development of long-term Business Analysis capability through bringing external perspectives, coaching others about BA techniques, identifying and promoting best practices, and contributing to community building.
• Respond to organizational and environmental changes during in-progress activities.
• Guide business stakeholders to gain acceptance / sign-off despite competing objectives. Manage requirements to the smallest set that will provide the biggest impact in advancing business objectives and end-user buy-in.
• Describe technology in terms easily understood by business customers and set realistic customer expectations for the project outcome. Adjust customer expectations in accordance with changes in scope.
• Generate innovative approaches to existing problems or new opportunities.
• Work closely with stakeholders to build trust and understand their goals, motivations, constraints, risks, and operating environment.
Please send us your recent CV (Word) + a cover letter for this role (both in English) together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.