Backend Software Engineer
Oil & Gas
- Familiar with Redux (Redux Principles, reducers )
- Knowledge of Typescript is a plus
- Knowledge of Material UI React or Ant design is a plus
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git/GitLab
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Building reusable code for future use
- Experience with RESTful services and APIs
- Experience with any of the following technologies, GraphQL, Kafka is a plus
- GoLang, would happily consider someone who is capable (has industry experience) in 2 or more modern OOO languages and shows a willingness to learn e.g. C#, Java, Node.js (pref TypeScript), Ruby, C++ - Any Devops experience, Docker + Kubernetes + Containerisation, AWS cloud components
DevOps FullStack Programme purpose Shell's new Powering Progress strategy has Electric Vehicle (EV) charging at its core, with the target to grow operated EV charge points from 60K in 2021 to 500K in 2025 and 2.5mln in 2030. To support the growth ambition, the ChargeWorks programme was formed in PT and later transitioned to Renewables & Energy Solutions IT.
This programme is considered a strategic programme. It leverages the latest technology (data science, AI, optimisation etc.), collaborates closely with portfolio companies (e.g. NewMotion, Greenlots) to create energy management and fleet solutions, and provide customers with data insights. With a yearly budget of ~4mln, this programme estimates to delivery 30mln value. This programme covers multiple components:
- Energy Management and smart charging - Provide solution to optimize energy consumption and manage multiple energy sources on sites (e.g. grid, battery, EVs)
- Fleet solution. Provide solution for fleet customers to manage electric fleets scheduling, dispatch and charging in an optimized way.
- eMobility data lake: provide data insides of all EV charges
- RechargeNext: the network planning tool advises customers on the choice of the best EV charging locations based on multiple data sources and artificial intelligence.
- Other initiatives like supporting global rollout of CPO (Charge Point Operator) and MSP (Mobility Service Provider) Job details JG - 4/5 Location – IT hubs, preferably in London.
- Reporting to Project Manager Start date – 14 June 2022 or asap End date – 31 Dec 2022, depending on performance, with eventual extension. Software Development tasks including
- Working with the development team throughout all stages of the software development lifecycle Backend & Frontend software development with a variety of coding languages
- Working closely with QAs and BAs to help shape requirements and actively participate in story refinement -
- Participating in code reviews and engineering best practices
- Developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- In an Agile team, play active role in planning, estimating, challenging the others, and occasionally run daily stand-ups.
- Be willing to self-teach and upskill quickly in new technologies/domains - Providing development support to portfolio companies of Shell eMobility
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Ensuring user experience determines design choices.
- Developing features to enhance the user experience.
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Building reusable code for future use.
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Utilizing a variety of markup languages to write web pages.
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout the design.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders Profile & skills
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles.
Please send us your recent CV (word) + a cover letter for this role (both in English) together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.