Oil & Gas
THIS IS WHAT YOU BRING
- Motivation to explore new technologies, applications, and environments
- Great sense of responsibility, commitment, team sportsmanship
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- Minimum 2 years of work experience with Go
- Proven experience with developing mission critical, real time, cloud-native solutions using Kubernetes and Serverless computing
- Experience of black/white-box testing using the Go Testing framework
Do you want to be part of a team of Scala engineers responsible for designing, building, and innovating an API product within Shell Recharge Solutions? Can you be the bridge between business and technology, do you do IT architecture for breakfast, and do you like to coach people and grow expertise in your team? Then Scala Engineer at New Motion might be the job for you!
WE ARE SHELL RECHARGE SOLUTIONS
We are Europe's largest electric charging partner. We are on a mission to enable everybody to drive as many kilometres as possible powered by clean energy. We do that by offering large-scale smart charging solutions to the masses. We contribute to a low-carbon world by making electric vehicle (EV) charging easy, accessible and smart, with the best expertise, the highest quality & service. To further strengthen our business, we are currently looking for a Node Engineers to make sure we can support the growth of the company and the ever-changing needs of the EV market. As a Node Engineer, you will be part of one of our software development teams, based at our Amsterdam headquarters. We have vacancies open for Node Engineers of different experience levels.
WHAT YOU'LL BE IN CHARGE OF
s a Node Engineer, you help our business to translate (technical) requirements from users and business stakeholders into functional specifications and designs. Our teams are cross-functional and consist of engineers, a product owner, QA engineers and designers. Together, you are responsible for your products and domain. Making EV charging easier and more accessible for our customers while scaling to match our fast growth ensures there are always countless challenges. To do well it requires you to have a learner mindset, take initiative and collaborate effectively with your teammates to find the best solutions.
WHAT YOU'LL BE IN CHARGE OF
Shell Recharge manages and operates a European network of more than 68.000+ online charge points with a custom-made back-office. In addition, we build online portals and mobile apps to service our customers. We integrate with a lot of other charge point and charge card providers across Europe. To join our international Technology Quality & Design department, we are looking for an experienced software engineer, proficient in Go.
THIS IS HOW YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE
- Preserve the world for future generations, from more sustainable transport to smarter energy ecosystems. Design, build, and support smart charging solutions for business charging, home charging and charging on-the-go.
- Contribute to a more sustainable form of mobility. Develop innovative and intuitive charging products and services. Smart technology is at the core of all of our products.
- Develop state-of-the-art applications together with an international team of 90 engineers;
- Create new and improve our existing Go applications according to the needs of the business by, among others, adding new features;
- Contribute to broader system design discussions and decision-making with the team;
- Be a technical leader and a mentor to more junior engineers
- Log and manage technical debt and work with the team to estimate tasks to remediate.
Please send us asap your recent CV (Word) + a cover letter for this role (both in English) together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.